- 1. dart, dash, scoot, scud, flash, shoot, rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- usage: run or move very quickly or hastily; "She dashed into the yard"
- 2. smash, dash, break
- usage: break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over; "Smash a plate"
- 3. crash, dash, hurl, hurtle, cast
- usage: hurl or thrust violently; "He dashed the plate against the wall"; "Waves were dashing against the rock"
- 4. dash, thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk
- usage: destroy or break; "dashed ambitions and hopes"
- 5. daunt, dash, scare off, pall, frighten off, scare away, frighten away, scare, intimidate, restrain
- usage: cause to lose courage; "dashed by the refusal"
- 6. dash, mix, mix in
- usage: add an enlivening or altering element to; "blue paint dashed with white"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dashing, gallant, spirited (vs. spiritless)
- usage: lively and spirited; "a dashing hero"
- 2. dapper, dashing, jaunty, natty, raffish, rakish, spiffy, snappy, spruce, fashionable (vs. unfashionable), stylish
- usage: marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners; "a dapper young man"; "a jaunty red hat"
All rights reserved.
See also: dashing (Dictionary)