Synonyms of darkening
- 1. blackening, darkening, change of color
- usage: changing to a darker color
- 1. darken, change
- usage: become dark or darker; "The sky darkened"
- 2. darken, tarnish, stain, maculate, sully, defile
- usage: tarnish or stain; "a scandal that darkened the family's good name"
- 3. darken, change, alter, modify
- usage: make dark or darker; "darken a room"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. darkening, dark (vs. light)
- usage: becoming dark or darker as from waning light or clouding over; "the darkening sky"
All rights reserved.