Synonyms of darkened
- 1. darken, change
- usage: become dark or darker; "The sky darkened"
- 2. darken, tarnish, stain, maculate, sully, defile
- usage: tarnish or stain; "a scandal that darkened the family's good name"
- 3. darken, change, alter, modify
- usage: make dark or darker; "darken a room"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. darkened, old (vs. young)
- usage: (of fabrics and paper) grown dark in color over time; "the darkened margins of the paper"
- 2. darkened, dark (vs. light)
- usage: become or made dark by lack of light; "a darkened house"; "the darkened theater"
All rights reserved.