- 1. Damascene, Syrian
- usage: a native or inhabitant of Damascus
- 2. damascene, design, pattern, figure
- usage: a design produced by inlaying gold or silver into steel
- 1. damascene, inlay
- usage: inlay metal with gold and silver
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. damascene
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of Damascus or its people; "damascene city gates"
- 2. damascene, fancy (vs. plain)
- usage: (of metals) decorated or inlaid with a wavy pattern of different (especially precious) metals; "a damascened sword"
All rights reserved.
See also: damascene (Dictionary)