WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dabble, dunk, dip, souse, plunge, douse
- usage: dip a foot or hand briefly into a liquid
- 2. dabble, paddle, splash around, play
- usage: play in or as if in water, as of small children
- 3. dabble, smatter, play around, busy, occupy
- usage: work with in an amateurish manner; "She dabbles in astronomy"; "He plays around with investments but he never makes any money"
- 4. dabble, bob
- usage: bob forward and under so as to feed off the bottom of a body of water; "dabbling ducks"
All rights reserved.
See also: dabble (Dictionary)