WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cyclic
- usage: conforming to the Carnot cycle
- 2. cyclic (vs. acyclic), verticillate, verticillated, whorled
- usage: forming a whorl or having parts arranged in a whorl; "cyclic petals"; "cyclic flowers"
- 3. cyclic (vs. acyclic), bicyclic, closed-chain, closed-ring, heterocyclic, homocyclic, isocyclic
- usage: of a compound having atoms arranged in a ring structure
- 4. cyclic (vs. noncyclic), cyclical, alternate(prenominal), alternating(prenominal), alternate(prenominal), circular, rotary, orbitual
- usage: recurring in cycles
- 5. cyclic, periodic (vs. aperiodic), periodical
- usage: marked by repeated cycles
All rights reserved.
See also: cyclic (Dictionary)