Synonyms of cut short
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cut short, break short, break off, interrupt, break
- usage: interrupt before its natural or planned end; "We had to cut short our vacation"
- 2. cut short, interrupt, disrupt
- usage: cause to end earlier than intended; "The spontaneous applause cut the singer short"
- 3. truncate, cut short, shorten
- usage: make shorter as if by cutting off; "truncate a word"; "Erosion has truncated the ridges of the mountains"
- 4. clip, curtail, cut short, shorten
- usage: terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent; "My speech was cut short"; "Personal freedom is curtailed in many countries"
All rights reserved.