Synonyms of cut off
- 1. cutoff, limit, limitation
- usage: a designated limit beyond which something cannot function or must be terminated
- 2. shortcut, cutoff, crosscut, road, route
- usage: a route shorter than the usual one
- 3. cutoff, device
- usage: a device that terminates the flow in a pipe
- 1. interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off, break, break off, discontinue, stop
- usage: make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages"
- 2. cut, cut off, interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off
- usage: cease, stop; "cut the noise"; "We had to cut short the conversation"
- 3. cut off, chop off, lop off, detach, come off, come away
- usage: remove by or as if by cutting; "cut off the ear"; "lop off the dead branch"
- 4. cut off, cut out, intercept, stop
- usage: cut off and stop; "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
- 5. chip, knap, cut off, break off, cut
- usage: break a small piece off from; "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"
- 6. amputate, cut off, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove surgically; "amputate limbs"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. severed, cut off, cut (vs. uncut)
- usage: detached by cutting; "cut flowers"; "a severed head"; "an old tale of Anne Bolyn walking the castle walls with her poor cut-off head under her arm"
All rights reserved.