Synonyms of cut down
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: cut down on; make a reduction in; "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
- 2. slash, cut down, cut
- usage: cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- 3. down, knock down, cut down, push down, pull down, strike
- usage: cause to come or go down; "The policeman downed the heavily armed suspect"; "The mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet"
- 4. cut down, cut out, check, turn back, arrest, stop, contain, hold back
- usage: intercept (a player)
- 5. mow, cut down, cut
- usage: cut with a blade or mower; "mow the grass"
- 6. fell, drop, strike down, cut down, cut
- usage: cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow; "strike down a tree"; "Lightning struck down the hikers"
All rights reserved.