Synonyms of curved
- 1. swerve, sheer, curve, trend, veer, slue, slew, cut, turn
- usage: turn sharply; change direction abruptly; "The car cut to the left at the intersection"; "The motorbike veered to the right"
- 2. wind, twist, curve, be
- usage: extend in curves and turns; "The road winds around the lake"; "the path twisted through the forest"
- 3. arch, curve, arc, bend, flex
- usage: form an arch or curve; "her back arches"; "her hips curve nicely"
- 4. crook, curve, bend, flex
- usage: bend or cause to bend; "He crooked his index finger"; "the road curved sharply"
- 5. curl, curve, kink, change surface
- usage: form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. curved (vs. straight), curving, arced, arched, arching, arciform, arcuate, bowed, curvilineal, curvilinear, eellike, falcate, falciform, sickle-shaped, curvy, curvey, flexuous, hooklike, hooked, incurvate, incurved, recurved, recurvate, semicircular, serpentine, snaky, snakelike, sinuate, sinuous, wiggly, sinusoidal, upcurved
- usage: having or marked by a curve or smoothly rounded bend; "the curved tusks of a walrus"; "his curved lips suggested a smile but his eyes were hard"
All rights reserved.