- 1. curve, curved shape, line
- usage: the trace of a point whose direction of motion changes
- 2. curve, line
- usage: a line on a graph representing data
- 3. curve, curve ball, breaking ball, bender, pitch, delivery
- usage: a pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approaches the batter
- 4. curvature, curve, shape, form, configuration, contour, conformation
- usage: the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface
- 5. bend, curve, section, segment
- usage: curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. swerve, sheer, curve, trend, veer, slue, slew, cut, turn
- usage: turn sharply; change direction abruptly; "The car cut to the left at the intersection"; "The motorbike veered to the right"
- 2. wind, twist, curve, be
- usage: extend in curves and turns; "The road winds around the lake"; "the path twisted through the forest"
- 3. arch, curve, arc, bend, flex
- usage: form an arch or curve; "her back arches"; "her hips curve nicely"
- 4. crook, curve, bend, flex
- usage: bend or cause to bend; "He crooked his index finger"; "the road curved sharply"
- 5. curl, curve, kink, change surface
- usage: form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
All rights reserved.
See also: curve (Dictionary)