Synonyms of curse
- 1. curse, curse word, expletive, oath, swearing, swearword, cuss, profanity
- usage: profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger; "expletives were deleted"
- 2. execration, condemnation, curse, denunciation, denouncement
- usage: an appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group
- 3. hex, jinx, curse, whammy, spell, magic spell, magical spell, charm
- usage: an evil spell; "a witch put a curse on his whole family"; "he put the whammy on me"
- 4. bane, curse, scourge, nemesis, affliction
- usage: something causing misery or death; "the bane of my life"
- 5. curse, torment, affliction
- usage: a severe affliction
- 1. curse, cuss, blaspheme, swear, imprecate, express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to
- usage: utter obscenities or profanities; "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
- 2. curse, abuse, clapperclaw, blackguard, shout
- usage: heap obscenities upon; "The taxi driver who felt he didn't get a high enough tip cursed the passenger"
- 3. curse, beshrew, damn, bedamn, anathemize, anathemise, imprecate, maledict, raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth
- usage: wish harm upon; invoke evil upon; "The bad witch cursed the child"
- 4. excommunicate, unchurch, curse, exclude, keep out, shut out, shut
- usage: exclude from a church or a religious community; "The gay priest was excommunicated when he married his partner"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of curse (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.