- 1. coil, whorl, roll, curl, curlicue, ringlet, gyre, scroll, round shape
- usage: a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- 2. Curl, Robert Curl, Robert F. Curl, Robert Floyd Curl Jr.
- usage: American chemist who with Richard Smalley and Harold Kroto discovered fullerenes and opened a new branch of chemistry (born in 1933)
- 3. lock, curl, ringlet, whorl, hair
- usage: a strand or cluster of hair
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. curl, curve, kink, change surface
- usage: form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
- 2. curl up, curl, draw in, bend, flex
- usage: shape one's body into a curl; "She curled farther down under the covers"; "She fell and drew in"
- 3. coil, loop, curl, wind, wrap, roll, twine
- usage: wind around something in coils or loops
- 4. curl, wave, twist
- usage: twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
- 5. curl, play
- usage: play the Scottish game of curling
All rights reserved.
See also: curl (Dictionary)