WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. apogee, culmination, phase, stage
- usage: a final climactic stage; "their achievements stand as a culmination of centuries of development"
- 2. culmination, celestial point
- usage: (astronomy) a heavenly body's highest celestial point above an observer's horizon
- 3. climax, culmination, moment, minute, second, instant
- usage: the decisive moment in a novel or play; "the deathbed scene is the climax of the play"
- 4. completion, culmination, closing, windup, mop up, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: a concluding action
All rights reserved.
See also: culmination (Dictionary)