- 1. crunch, noise
- usage: the sound of something crunching; "he heard the crunch of footsteps on the gravel path"
- 2. crunch, situation
- usage: a critical situation that arises because of a shortage (as a shortage of time or money or resources); "an end-of-the year crunch"; "a financial crunch"
- 3. crush, crunch, compaction, compression, compressing
- usage: the act of crushing
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crunch, scranch, scraunch, crackle, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a crushing noise; "his shoes were crunching on the gravel"
- 2. crunch, cranch, craunch, grind, press
- usage: press or grind with a crushing noise
- 3. crunch, munch, chew, masticate, manducate, jaw
- usage: chew noisily; "The children crunched the celery sticks"
- 4. grind, mash, crunch, bray, comminute, break up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise
- usage: reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading; "grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
All rights reserved.
See also: crunch (Dictionary)