- 1. crumble, crumple, tumble, break down, collapse, change integrity
- usage: fall apart; "the building crumbled after the explosion"; "Negotiations broke down"
- 2. buckle, crumple, collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder
- usage: fold or collapse; "His knees buckled"
- 3. pucker, rumple, cockle, crumple, knit, wrinkle, ruckle, crease, crinkle, scrunch, scrunch up, crisp
- usage: to gather something into small wrinkles or folds; "She puckered her lips"
- 4. rumple, crumple, wrinkle, crease, crinkle, fold, fold up
- usage: become wrinkled or crumpled or creased; "This fabric won't wrinkle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bent, crumpled, dented, damaged (vs. undamaged)
- usage: of metal e.g.; "bent nails"; "a car with a crumpled front end"; "dented fenders"
All rights reserved.
See also: crumpled (Dictionary)