WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cruelty, inhuman treatment, maltreatment, ill-treatment, ill-usage, abuse
- usage: a cruel act; a deliberate infliction of pain and suffering
- 2. cruelty, mercilessness, pitilessness, ruthlessness, heartlessness, coldheartedness, hardheartedness
- usage: feelings of extreme heartlessness
- 3. cruelty, cruelness, harshness, malevolence, malevolency, malice
- usage: the quality of being cruel and causing tension or annoyance
All rights reserved.
See also: cruelty (Dictionary)