Synonyms of crown of thorns
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cross, crown of thorns, affliction
- usage: any affliction that causes great suffering; "that is his cross to bear"; "he bears his afflictions like a crown of thorns"
- 2. crown of thorns, Christ thorn, Christ plant, Euphorbia milii, spurge
- usage: somewhat climbing bushy spurge of Madagascar having long woody spiny stems with few leaves and flowers with scarlet bracts
- 3. crown of thorns, crown
- usage: a mock crown made of thorn branches that Roman soldiers placed on Jesus before the Crucifixion
All rights reserved.