WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crossing over, crossover, organic process, biological process
- usage: the interchange of sections between pairing homologous chromosomes during the prophase of meiosis
- 2. crossover voter, crossover, voter, elector
- usage: a voter who is registered as a member of one political party but who votes in the primary of another party
- 3. crossover, borrowing, adoption
- usage: the appropriation of a new style (especially in popular music) by combining elements of different genres in order to appeal to a wider audience; "a jazz-classical crossover album"
- 4. crossing, crosswalk, crossover, path
- usage: a path (often marked) where something (as a street or railroad) can be crossed to get from one side to the other
All rights reserved.
See also: crossover (Dictionary)