Synonyms of cross section
- 1. cross section, section, plane section
- usage: a section created by a plane cutting a solid perpendicular to its longest axis
- 2. cross section, sample
- usage: a sample meant to be representative of a whole population
- 3. cross section, probability, chance
- usage: (physics) the probability that a particular interaction (as capture or ionization) will take place between particles; measured in barns
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cross-section(prenominal), cross-sectional, crosswise (vs. lengthwise)
- usage: representing a plane made by cutting across something at right angles to its length; "cross-section views of the neck"
All rights reserved.