- 1. croak, croaking, utterance, vocalization
- usage: a harsh hoarse utterance (as of a frog)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. die, decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, pass, kick the bucket, cash in one's chips, buy the farm, conk, give-up the ghost, drop dead, pop off, choke, croak, snuff it, change state, turn
- usage: pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
- 2. croak, cronk, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter a hoarse sound, like a raven
- 3. murmur, mutter, grumble, croak, gnarl, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath; "she grumbles when she feels overworked"
All rights reserved.
See also: croak (Dictionary)