- 1. crest, line
- usage: the top line of a hill, mountain, or wave
- 2. peak, crown, crest, top, tip, summit, topographic point, place, spot
- usage: the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
- 3. crown, crest, top, top side, upper side, upside
- usage: the center of a cambered road
- 4. crest, emblem
- usage: (heraldry) in medieval times, an emblem used to decorate a helmet
- 5. crest, process, outgrowth, appendage
- usage: a showy growth of e.g. feathers or skin on the head of a bird or other animal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cap, crest, lie
- usage: lie at the top of; "Snow capped the mountains"
- 2. crest, top out, peak
- usage: reach a high point; "The river crested last night"
All rights reserved.
See also: crest (Dictionary)