WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. creation, creative activity, activity
- usage: the human act of creating
- 2. creation, artifact, artefact
- usage: an artifact that has been brought into existence by someone
- 3. creation, conception, beginning
- usage: the event that occurred at the beginning of something; "from its creation the plan was doomed to failure"
- 4. initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, creation, innovation, introduction, instauration, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new; "she looked forward to her initiation as an adult"; "the foundation of a new scientific society"
- 5. Creation
- usage: (theology) God's act of bringing the universe into existence
- 6. universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm, natural object
- usage: everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
All rights reserved.
See also: creation (Dictionary)