- 1. crayfish, crawfish, crawdad, ecrevisse, shellfish
- usage: tiny lobster-like crustaceans usually boiled briefly
- 2. crayfish, crawfish, crawdad, crawdaddy, decapod crustacean, decapod
- usage: small freshwater decapod crustacean that resembles a lobster
- 3. spiny lobster, langouste, rock lobster, crawfish, crayfish, sea crawfish, lobster
- usage: large edible marine crustacean having a spiny carapace but lacking the large pincers of true lobsters
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. retreat, pull back, back out, back away, crawfish, crawfish out, pull in one's horns, withdraw
- usage: make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity; "We'll have to crawfish out from meeting with him"; "He backed out of his earlier promise"; "The aggressive investment company pulled in its horns"
All rights reserved.
See also: crawfish (Dictionary)