- 1. grouch, grump, crank, churl, crosspatch, unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- usage: a bad-tempered person
- 2. crackpot, crank, nut, nut case, fruitcake, screwball, eccentric, eccentric person, flake, oddball, geek
- usage: a whimsically eccentric person
- 3. methamphetamine, methamphetamine hydrochloride, Methedrine, meth, deoxyephedrine, chalk, chicken feed, crank, glass, ice, shabu, trash, amphetamine, pep pill, upper, speed, controlled substance
- usage: an amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- 4. crank, starter, hand tool
- usage: a hand tool consisting of a rotating shaft with parallel handle
- 1. zigzag, crank, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel along a zigzag path; "The river zigzags through the countryside"
- 2. crank, crank up, start, start up
- usage: start by cranking; "crank up the engine"
- 3. crank, crank up, rotate, circumvolve
- usage: rotate with a crank
- 4. crank, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with a crank
- 5. crank, flex, bend, deform, twist, turn
- usage: bend into the shape of a crank
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crank, cranky, tender, tippy, unstable (vs. stable)
- usage: (used of boats) inclined to heel over easily under sail
All rights reserved.
See also: crank (Dictionary)