- 1. greaves, crackling, residue
- usage: the residue that remains after animal fat has been rendered
- 2. crackle, crackling, crepitation, noise
- usage: the sharp sound of snapping noises
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crepitate, crackle, rattle
- usage: make a crackling sound; "My Rice Krispies crackled in the bowl"
- 2. crunch, scranch, scraunch, crackle, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a crushing noise; "his shoes were crunching on the gravel"
- 3. crackle, change, alter, vary
- usage: to become, or to cause to become, covered with a network of small cracks; "The blazing sun crackled the desert sand"
All rights reserved.
See also: crackling (Dictionary)