WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crab apple, crabapple, cultivated crab apple, apple tree
- usage: any of numerous varieties of crab apples cultivated for their small acidic (usually bright red) fruit used for preserves or as ornamentals for their blossoms
- 2. wild apple, crab apple, crabapple, apple tree
- usage: any of numerous wild apple trees usually with small acidic fruit
- 3. crab apple, crabapple, apple
- usage: small sour apple; suitable for preserving; "crabapples make a tangy jelly"
All rights reserved.
See also: crabapple (Dictionary)