- 1. yoke, coupling, connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective
- usage: a connection (like a clamp or vise) between two things so they move together
- 2. coupling, coupler, mechanical device
- usage: a mechanical device that serves to connect the ends of adjacent objects
- 3. coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual union, sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
- usage: the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes; "the casual couplings of adolescents"; "the mating of some species occurs only in the spring"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
- usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- 2. couple, couple on, couple up, attach
- usage: link together; "can we couple these proposals?"
- 3. pair, pair off, partner off, couple, unite, unify
- usage: form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
- 4. copulate, mate, pair, couple, join, conjoin
- usage: engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
All rights reserved.
See also: coupling (Dictionary)