Synonyms of counterbalanced
- 1. compensate, counterbalance, correct, make up, even out, even off, even up, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
- 2. oppose, counterbalance, contrast, counterpoint
- usage: contrast with equal weight or force
- 3. counteract, countervail, neutralize, counterbalance, cancel, offset, set off
- usage: oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary actions; "This will counteract the foolish actions of my colleagues"
- 1. counterbalanced, counterpoised, balanced (vs. unbalanced)
- usage: brought into equipoise by means of a weight or force that offsets another
All rights reserved.