- 1. counterattack, countermove, attack, onslaught, onset, onrush
- usage: an attack by a defending force against an attacking enemy force in order to regain lost ground or cut off enemy advance units etc.
- 2. counterattack, counterplay, attack
- usage: (chess) an attack that is intended to counter the opponent's advantage in another part of the board
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. counterattack, counterstrike, attack, assail
- usage: make a counterattack
All rights reserved.
See also: counterattack (Dictionary)