- 1. advocate, counsel, counselor, counsellor, counselor-at-law, pleader, lawyer, attorney
- usage: a lawyer who pleads cases in court
- 2. guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling, direction, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rede, advise, counsel, hash out, discuss, talk over
- usage: give advice to; "The teacher counsels troubled students"; "The lawyer counselled me when I was accused of tax fraud"
All rights reserved.
See also: counsel (Dictionary)