- 1. costume, attire, garb, dress
- usage: the attire worn in a play or at a fancy dress ball; "he won the prize for best costume"
- 2. costume, attire, garb, dress
- usage: unusual or period attire not characteristic of or appropriate to the time and place; "in spite of the heat he insisted on his woolen costume"
- 3. costume, attire, garb, dress
- usage: the prevalent fashion of dress (including accessories and hair style as well as garments)
- 4. costume, attire, garb, dress
- usage: the attire characteristic of a country or a time or a social class; "he wore his national costume"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. costume, dress up, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: dress in a costume; "We dressed up for Halloween as pumpkins"
- 2. costume, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: furnish with costumes; as for a film or play
All rights reserved.
See also: costume (Dictionary)