- 1. corrosive, compound, chemical compound
- usage: a substance having the tendency to cause corrosion (such a strong acids or alkali)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. caustic, corrosive, erosive, vitriolic, mordant, destructive (vs. constructive)
- usage: of a substance, especially a strong acid; capable of destroying or eating away by chemical action
- 2. corrosive, sarcastic (vs. unsarcastic)
- usage: spitefully sarcastic; "corrosive cristism"
All rights reserved.
See also: corrosive (Dictionary)