WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts; "his story confirmed my doubts"; "The evidence supports the defendant"
- 2. validate, corroborate, confirm, reassert
- usage: give evidence for
- 3. corroborate, underpin, bear out, support, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: support with evidence or authority or make more certain or confirm; "The stories and claims were born out by the evidence"
All rights reserved.
See also: corroborate (Dictionary)