Synonyms of corrected
- 1. correct, rectify, right, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: make right or correct; "Correct the mistakes"; "rectify the calculation"
- 2. right, compensate, redress, correct, change, alter, modify
- usage: make reparations or amends for; "right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
- 3. chastise, castigate, objurgate, chasten, correct, call on the carpet, take to task, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste, lambast
- usage: censure severely; "She chastised him for his insensitive remarks"
- 4. compensate, counterbalance, correct, make up, even out, even off, even up, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
- 5. discipline, correct, sort out, punish, penalize, penalise
- usage: punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience; "The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
- 6. decline, slump, correct, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: go down in value; "the stock market corrected"; "prices slumped"
- 7. adjust, set, correct, change, alter, modify
- usage: alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
- 8. correct, treat, care for
- usage: treat a defect; "The new contact lenses will correct for his myopia"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. corrected (vs. uncorrected), aplanatic, apochromatic, rectified
- usage: having something undesirable neutralized; "with glasses her corrected vision was 20:20"
All rights reserved.