- 1. corporal, noncommissioned officer, noncom, enlisted officer
- usage: a noncommissioned officer in the Army or Air Force or Marines
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bodily, corporal, corporeal, somatic, physical (vs. mental)
- usage: affecting or characteristic of the body as opposed to the mind or spirit; "bodily needs"; "a corporal defect"; "corporeal suffering"; "a somatic symptom or somatic illness"
- 2. bodied, corporal, corporate, embodied, incarnate, corporeal (vs. incorporeal), material
- usage: possessing or existing in bodily form; "what seemed corporal melted as breath into the wind"- Shakespeare; "an incarnate spirit"; "`corporate' is an archaic term"
All rights reserved.
See also: corporal (Dictionary)