WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. aureole, corona, radiance, glow, glowing
- usage: the outermost region of the sun's atmosphere; visible as a white halo during a solar eclipse
- 2. corona, plant part, plant structure
- usage: (botany) the trumpet-shaped or cup-shaped outgrowth of the corolla of a daffodil or narcissus flower
- 3. corona discharge, corona, corposant, St. Elmo's fire, Saint Elmo's fire, Saint Elmo's light, Saint Ulmo's fire, Saint Ulmo's light, electric glow, discharge, spark, arc, electric arc, electric discharge
- usage: an electrical discharge accompanied by ionization of surrounding atmosphere
- 4. corona, light, visible light, visible radiation
- usage: one or more circles of light seen around a luminous object
- 5. corona, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: (anatomy) any structure that resembles a crown in shape
- 6. corona, cigar
- usage: a long cigar with blunt ends
All rights reserved.
See also: corona (Dictionary)