- 1. cork, bark, plant material, plant substance
- usage: outer bark of the cork oak; used for stoppers for bottles etc.
- 2. phellem, cork, bark
- usage: (botany) outer tissue of bark; a protective layer of dead cells
- 3. Cork
- usage: a port city in southern Ireland
- 4. cork, bottle cork, plug, stopper, stopple
- usage: the plug in the mouth of a bottle (especially a wine bottle)
- 5. bob, bobber, cork, bobfloat, float
- usage: a small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cork, cork up, plug, stop up, secure
- usage: close a bottle with a cork
- 2. cork, stuff
- usage: stuff with cork; "The baseball player stuffed his bat with cork to make it lighter"
All rights reserved.
See also: cork (Dictionary)