Synonyms of copy
- 1. transcript, copy, written record, written account
- usage: a reproduction of a written record (e.g. of a legal or school record)
- 2. copy, representation
- usage: a thing made to be similar or identical to another thing; "she made a copy of the designer dress"; "the clone was a copy of its ancestor"
- 3. copy, written matter, text, textual matter
- usage: matter to be printed; exclusive of graphical materials
- 4. copy, material
- usage: material suitable for a journalistic account; "catastrophes make good copy"
- 1. copy, write
- usage: copy down as is; "The students were made to copy the alphabet over and over"
- 2. imitate, copy, simulate, reproduce
- usage: reproduce someone's behavior or looks; "The mime imitated the passers-by"; "Children often copy their parents or older siblings"
- 3. replicate, copy, duplicate, reduplicate, double, repeat, replicate
- usage: reproduce or make an exact copy of; "replicate the cell"; "copy the genetic information"
- 4. copy, re-create, make, create
- usage: make a replica of; "copy that drawing"; "re-create a picture by Rembrandt"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of copy (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.