- 1. copper, Cu, atomic number 29, metallic element, metal, conductor
- usage: a ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element; occurs in various minerals but is the only metal that occurs abundantly in large masses; used as an electrical and thermal conductor
- 2. copper, penny, cent, centime
- usage: a copper penny
- 3. bull, cop, copper, fuzz, pig, policeman, police officer, officer
- usage: uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- 4. copper, copper color, reddish brown, sepia, burnt sienna, Venetian red, mahogany
- usage: a reddish-brown color resembling the color of polished copper
- 5. copper, lycaenid, lycaenid butterfly
- usage: any of various small butterflies of the family Lycaenidae having coppery wings
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. copper, coat, surface
- usage: coat with a layer of copper
All rights reserved.
See also: copper (Dictionary)