Synonyms of cool off
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. calm, calm down, cool off, chill out, simmer down, settle down, cool it, change state, turn
- usage: become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation; "After the fight both men need to cool off."; "It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again."
- 2. cool, cool off, cool down, change
- usage: lose intensity; "His enthusiasm cooled considerably"
- 3. cool off, feel, experience
- usage: feel less enamoured of something or somebody
All rights reserved.