Synonyms of cooked
- 1. cook, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- 2. cook, fix, ready, make, prepare, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
- 3. cook, change integrity
- usage: transform and make suitable for consumption by heating; "These potatoes have to cook for 20 minutes"
- 4. fudge, manipulate, fake, falsify, cook, wangle, misrepresent, cheat, chisel
- usage: tamper, with the purpose of deception; "Fudge the figures"; "cook the books"; "falsify the data"
- 5. cook, change, alter, modify
- usage: transform by heating; "The apothecary cooked the medicinal mixture in a big iron kettle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cooked (vs. raw), au gratin, baked, barbecued, grilled, batter-fried, boiled, poached, stewed, braised, broiled, grilled, burned, burnt, candy-like, done, fried, deep-fried, hard-baked, hard-boiled, lyonnaise, medium, overdone, pancake-style, parched, rare-roasted, ready-cooked, roast, roasted, saute, sauteed, seared, soft-boiled, souffle-like, steamed, sunny-side up, toasted, wafer-like, well-done
- usage: having been prepared for eating by the application of heat
All rights reserved.