WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. paroxysm, fit, convulsion, attack
- usage: a sudden uncontrollable attack; "a paroxysm of giggling"; "a fit of coughing"; "convulsions of laughter"
- 2. convulsion, seizure, ictus, raptus
- usage: violent uncontrollable contractions of muscles
- 3. convulsion, turmoil, upheaval, disturbance, disruption, commotion, flutter, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle
- usage: a violent disturbance; "the convulsions of the stock market"
- 4. convulsion, trouble
- usage: a physical disturbance such as an earthquake or upheaval
All rights reserved.
See also: convulsion (Dictionary)