WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. conversion, transition, changeover, transformation, transmutation, shift
- usage: an event that results in a transformation
- 2. conversion, calculation, computation, figuring, reckoning
- usage: a change in the units or form of an expression: "conversion from Fahrenheit to Centigrade"
- 3. conversion, score
- usage: a successful free throw or try for point after a touchdown
- 4. conversion, rebirth, spiritual rebirth, redemption, salvation
- usage: a spiritual enlightenment causing a person to lead a new life
- 5. conversion, defense mechanism, defense reaction, defence mechanism, defence reaction, defense, defence
- usage: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism represses emotional conflicts which are then converted into physical symptoms that have no organic basis
- 6. conversion, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a change of religion; "his conversion to the Catholic faith"
- 7. conversion, rhetorical device
- usage: interchange of subject and predicate of a proposition
- 8. conversion, exchange, interchange
- usage: act of exchanging one type of money or security for another
- 9. conversion, change
- usage: the act of changing from one use or function or purpose to another
All rights reserved.
See also: conversion (Dictionary)