- 1. contradictory, logical relation
- usage: two propositions are contradictories if both cannot be true (or both cannot be false) at the same time
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. contradictory, antonymous (vs. synonymous)
- usage: of words or propositions so related that both cannot be true and both cannot be false; "`perfect' and `imperfect' are contradictory terms"
- 2. confounding, contradictory, unsupportive (vs. supportive)
- usage: that confounds or contradicts or confuses
- 3. at odds(predicate), conflicting, contradictory, self-contradictory, inconsistent (vs. consistent)
- usage: in disagreement; "the figures are at odds with our findings"; "contradictory attributes of unjust justice and loving vindictiveness"- John Morley
- 4. contradictory, mutually exclusive, incompatible (vs. compatible)
- usage: unable to be both true at the same time
All rights reserved.
See also: contradictory (Dictionary)