WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. contradiction, opposition, oppositeness
- usage: opposition between two conflicting forces or ideas
- 2. contradiction, contradiction in terms, falsehood, falsity, untruth
- usage: (logic) a statement that is necessarily false; "the statement `he is brave and he is not brave' is a contradiction"
- 3. contradiction, negation
- usage: the speech act of contradicting someone; "he spoke as if he thought his claims were immune to contradiction"
All rights reserved.
See also: contradiction (Dictionary)