Synonyms of contradict
- 1. contradict, belie, negate, deviate, vary, diverge, depart
- usage: be in contradiction with
- 2. contradict, negate, contravene, disagree, differ, dissent, take issue
- usage: deny the truth of
- 3. oppose, controvert, contradict, refute, rebut
- usage: be resistant to; "The board opposed his motion"
- 4. negate, contradict, prove, demonstrate, establish, show, shew
- usage: prove negative; show to be false
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of contradict (Dictionary)