WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. conterminous, contiguous, connected (vs. unconnected)
- usage: connecting without a break; within a common boundary; "the 48 conterminous states"; "the contiguous 48 states"
- 2. adjacent, conterminous, contiguous, neighboring(prenominal), connected (vs. unconnected)
- usage: having a common boundary or edge; abutting; touching; "Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; "the side of Germany conterminous with France"; "Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; "neighboring cities"
- 3. coextensive, coterminous, conterminous, commensurate (vs. incommensurate)
- usage: being of equal extent or scope or duration
All rights reserved.
See also: conterminous (Dictionary)