Synonyms of contaminated
- 1. pollute, foul, contaminate, dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
- usage: make impure; "The industrial wastes polluted the lake"
- 2. contaminate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make radioactive by adding radioactive material; "Don't drink the water--it's contaminated"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. contaminated (vs. uncontaminated), mercury-contaminated
- usage: corrupted by contact or association; "contaminated evidence"
- 2. contaminated, polluted, impure (vs. pure)
- usage: rendered unwholesome by contaminants and pollution; "had to boil the contaminated water"; "polluted lakes and streams"
All rights reserved.