WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. consumption, ingestion, intake, uptake, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: the process of taking food into the body through the mouth (as by eating)
- 2. pulmonary tuberculosis, consumption, phthisis, wasting disease, white plague, tuberculosis, TB, T.B.
- usage: involving the lungs with progressive wasting of the body
- 3. consumption, economic consumption, usance, use, use of goods and services, demand
- usage: (economics) the utilization of economic goods to satisfy needs or in manufacturing; "the consumption of energy has increased steadily"
- 4. consumption, using up, expenditure, depletion
- usage: the act of consuming something
All rights reserved.
See also: consumption (Dictionary)